COVID-19 DIASTER PAYMENT
The Federal Government announced a temporary COVID-19 Disaster Payment scheme to help support any state or territory that has been forced into lockdown. This scheme has commenced in Victoria and provides financial assistance to workers who are currently unable to earn an income.
- $500 a week for those that ordinarily work 20 hours or more a week
- $325 a week for people working less than 20 hours per week.
Workers need to have used up previous pandemic entitlements and all paid leave with the exception of annual leave. The payment can be claimed from 8 June, 2021. For full details and eligibility refer to COVID-19 Disaster Payment.
CIRCUIT BREAKER BUSINESS SUPPORT PACKAGE
Also the Victorian government announced the $250 million Circuit Breaker Business Support Package to help support SMEs and sole traders – including restaurants and cafes, event suppliers, accommodation venues and non-essential retailers. A new allocation of up to $209 million has been announced on 2 June with the total support package now $460 million.
The packages for eligible businesses include:
- Business Costs Assistance Program – grants of $2,500 for regional Victoria and $5,000 for metropolitan Melbourne. Applications now open. for more information click here.
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 – $3,500 per premises in regional Victoria, $7,000 per premises for metropolitan Melbourne. Applications now open. Full details available here.
- Victorian Events Support Package – applications open soon.